Monday 15 March 2010

Modus Operandi (part 1)

Perhaps the most fascinating and engaging aspect of looking at science from a religious point of view is the realisation that we are really gaining insight into the way God works. The Romans quote from the bottom of the page throws that door wide open.

Over the past eighteen months or so I've been interested to see a picture developing. It feels like digging away at a seam of rock. There is new richness to be discovered with each layer, and the direction is unpredicatable. Writing about it, reading more, and talking with friends, have all helped shape the ideas as they emerge. Yet it feels like there's so much more to discover

One thing I've realised is that there is a reassuring consistency between the God revealed in the Bible, the God of the Universe and the God of my experience. These three are one.

My experience of God is not one of dramatic, overt intervention, nor are there voices that speak to me in the night. I can't point to a miracle and with certainty say 'That was God' and I've never received a vision. God's hand has always been unseen but at the same time, looking back, quite visible. Whilst I have had moments in my life where God's work seems so obvious, most of the time it is in the background. God is a Potter.

No comments:

Post a Comment